You are on your way to the biggest and one of the most important days of your life. Please allow me to help make it a little easier.
FOR AUSTRALIAN RESIDENTS, you will need:
- To complete the NOIM (notice of intended marriage) form and have signatures witnessed by those mentioned on the back of the form. Please note this form is valid for 18 months only.
- The NOIM to be handed to me (or your chosen celebrant) no later than 1 month prior to your Wedding date.
- You must be over 18 years of age
- Original Birth Certificates and certified copies of same.
- If Divorced, widowed or a Name Change has occurred, you will be required to produce the originals of these documents also. If you are unable to, you should apply to the Family Court or appropriate department for a new one.
IF YOU ARE COMING FROM OVERSEAS TO MARRY IN AUSTRALIA:
- All of the above to be signed in front of and witnessed by the below stated authorities.
- NOIM to be witnessed by only – Australian Embassy/Consular Authorised Staff member or Notary Public of your country.
- Any documents not in English will need to be translated and originals of both bought with you.
- Remember to bring all originals with you when you come to Cairns as I am unable to marry you without them.
Wherever you are coming from, always bring your love, laughter and happiness along with you. Most important!